Wednesday, March 10, 2010

Ulcerative Colitis Case Study- Cellular Healing Diet Day 25

Sorry for not posting! I've been writing everything down in my journal on what I've been doing and how I've been feeling. I've been feeling great. I've come up with some REALLY awesome recipes and desserts without sugar. Ryan LOVES my ice cream and brownies :)

A few weeks ago Ryan and I watched the movie, Food, Inc., such an eye opener and confirmed why we eat the way we eat! It's based off the Omnivore's Dilemma book and shows how food is really made in the food industry. Or is it really food?

My digestion has been OK. I'm not flared up but it's not where I'd like it to be either. My energy levels have been insane and I never get the stuffed or full feeling when eating and I am always satisfied. We are eating so healthy and it feels great.

We signed up for a crop share (CSA) program this week through the chiropractic office that I manage. We get a full bushel of organic, local produce every week beginning in June for 18 weeks. It gets delivered to our office! We are so excited to try new vegetables and fruits. We are also looking for a place to buy a 1/4 of a grass-fed cow. It's a huge cost savings, helps out local farmers, and is SO GOOD for you!!

I'm still taking Curcumin to convert GSSH (oxidized glutathione) to GSH (reduced glutathione) to help my cells heal. I'm taking GABA or butyric acid to help my body calm down and stop being in fight or flight mode constantly. I've noticed a huge difference since taking these supplements.

The cellular healing diet has brought an amazing transformation in our home and Ryan even feels awesome on it. He's lost 10 lbs since beginning the nutrition program and we've figured out ways to get him his sweets without the sugar!

I've figured out a way to make amazing chocolate ice cream.

Put the following in a blender:

2 cups of ice cubes
1/2 cup canned coconut milk full fat unsweetened
1 packet or 1/2 tsp stevia
1 scoop of chocolate Whey Cool (we sell this in our office) Designs for Health brand
2 T of cocoa powder unsweetened


Blend and enjoy! I'll have to get my brownie recipe out here too. We had brownies and ice cream last night and it was amazing--- WITHOUT the guilt and health consequences!

The cellular healing diet is a GOD SEND!

Bobbie :)

We are currently working on our Nutrition section on our Website. Check back often to learn more on The Cellular Healing Diet by Dr. Dan Pompa.

No comments:

Post a Comment